**Submissions are temporarily closed and will reopen on May 1, 2017.
We are looking for holistic health-minded individuals and professionals who want to share their mission, vision and passion with the world. Here is what you need to know:
- Word count: No minimums, but posts typically run between 250 and 800 words. Please stay under 800 words.
- Post Layout: Break up your thoughts with paragraphs and sub-titles. Make it easy for the reader!
- Message: Inclusive and positive. Take a look around and see what we are about. We love inspirational topics that also teach the reader something that will make their life healthier and more balanced.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to The Holisticates. We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- Photos: All contributors must submit photos with their posts. These should be no smaller than 560 x 320 horizontal photos. Ideally we are looking for photos shot outdoors, in natural light, and ideally with as few distractions in the background as possible.
- Philosophy: If your goal is to promote a product or your services, please look elsewhere. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy (e.g. a weight-loss gimmick), then we are not interested.
- Bio and promotion: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website or social media account, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences. The Holisticates is a great resource to promote what you’re up to!
- Health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, please include a link to that source. If you’re claiming that a certain food or activity is healthy, tell us how you know. Ideally you’d link to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. This way, readers can follow your line of thinking and investigate further if they want to know more. A lot of what we write about is based on our own experience, so be honest if that is the case.
- A bit of patience will go a long way: The Holisticates is just the two of us. As such, sometimes we don’t have the opportunity to respond to all submissions. We can assure you, however, that we carefully read every single submission that we receive. If your post has been accepted, we will try to respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, we have passed.
- Please only submit one post at a time: You’re welcome to submit again with a different post after you’ve waited 14 days. If you want your post to be a part of a series, that’s great, but let us know in your original submission.
- Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images for your post. (Please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc). Please only send images that you own.
- Your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your website or social media account(s).
- A headshot or photo of you to use for your bio.
Please send all of the above using our Contact Form.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To your balanced life,
Kim & Angela